Thursday, October 21, 2010

Versus.

The multiplayer code is finally looking playable. The gameplay elements are just about done, but there's still a bit of work to sync up team / game selection, sounds, etc.

But, here's the thing: Bluetooth performance has seemed pretty terrible during my own testing. I think I do an okay job compensating for the lag, but once in a while it will spike up and the disc will jump around, or your player won't catch the disc when it seems like it should. So, should I release the Bluetooth multiplayer, or just work on the GameCenter internet play which should (most of the time) yield better results?

I'm leaning toward releasing it. I think it will be fun, even if the performance isn't great. Thoughts?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say wait!

The Happy Man said...

even though i only have an iphone 2g, I think it's better for you to focus your efforts on gamecenter support as it seems more secure.

Axis said...

It's all basically the same code, so I don't really have to choose between them. Bluetooth multiplayer would kind of be an intermediate step. So, the code will all be there, it's just a matter of letting people play with it or not.

I'll probably get some actual people to test it out (novel idea, I know). And they can tell me if it's fun or frustrating.

Ultimate Fan2010 said...

If you need a tester feel free to shoot me an email.
Raqumine@live.com
By the way, yes, I am still lurking :p

Axis said...

Hey, thanks. I'll keep ya in mind. Progress has been slow bc of vacation, other work, etc. CU doesn't yet pay the bills, unfortunately.

Ultimate Fan2010 said...

It's all good, do what you gotta do!