Thursday, September 10, 2009

I can run! I can throw!

I ran into some frustrating problems getting my animations to work. I ended up sticking with my own modeling format (instead of .md2). I might change later, but for now it serves my needs.

By the way, I think I work in cycles. First, I carefully plan and execute a feature. Then, when the end is in sight, I rush to get it finished so that I can see it on the screen. Then, hopefully, I clean up my work so that it will work in the future.

Tuesday 9/8: Got the run animation loaded. This took way longer than it should have.

Wednesday 9/9: Made a forehand animation. Refactored the animation code to handle more than one animation in the same model. Made an action system to handle the timing of animations (as well as the actions they represent). All of this also involved animating the frisbee to act with the player. Added animation frame interpolation, so that animations are smoother and require less disk space.

No comments: