Monday, May 25, 2009

Jumpin

I just completed my first Tabata workout on jump rope at full speed, which is 20s sprint / 10s rest intervals for a total of 4 minutes. This somewhat noteworthy landmark suggests the following things:
My ankle is fairly strong (with brace)
My adductor is fairly strong (with wrap)
My forearm muscles have adapted to jump rope (or, my form has improved)
I am in some basic state of conditioning

So, that means it's time to push myself. I'm no longer injured and I can't use that as an excuse.
Effective immediately:
Hell point after practice, and hills if possible. (Tues. + Sat.)
Same for summer league, with the addition of sprint intervals (jog endzones / sprint field x 3). This is a good yardstick because I didn't push through it at practice last week. (Mon. + Wed.)
Thursday and Friday I jump rope or sprint intervals.
Sunday, predictably, is a day of rest.

No comments: