Sunday, June 14, 2009

Poultry Days

My first real tournament of the year. Injuries were no problem, excepting a small amount of shin splints at the beginning of Saturday.

In pool play Saturday, we went 3-2. I played solidly, with a couple turnovers coming on errant hucks and a couple more on miscommunications. I had a cool layout catch, but no real highlight plays. I never got winded, although we (the team) never properly warmed up.

I realized Sunday morning (after my own warm up) that there was an extra gear I hadn't hit the entire previous day. I see now that warming up (jog, plyos, sprints, drills?) enables the proper competitive mindset. However, you do need a certain level of conditioning.

My worst showing came at the end of Sunday's only game. I got tired in a long point of a handling in a zone and became very inaccurate.

While holding the disc, I need to put myself in a more dangerous position to break the mark. People mark me very flat, but I never punish them for it.

No comments: