Tuesday, May 5, 2009

First Practice

Just returned from my first Madcow practice. The first month or so of practices are basically "tryouts", with closed practices after that. Here's how I felt:

Groin: Good. My right leg definitely comes around slower when running, but no sharp pain.
Ankle: Fair. Definitely improved from before, but I planted hard a few times and felt sharp pain, and so I sat out a bunch of points.
Throws: Decent. No turnovers. One break. One okay flick huck.
Defense: Decent. I didn't guard anyone really tough. Bad handler D because I'm not conditioned. No D's.
Cutting: I got open enough, but didn't feel that confident.
Conditioning: Not too bad, but we didn't run any sprints or anything. Felt winded after the drills.

This week I'm jump roping every day, which I think is easier on my injuries. I will try to jump rope some HIIT.

Feelin good. :)

No comments: