Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ok, now it looks like me

Friday 10/2: Lying awake thursday night, I had an epiphany. The next day I recoded most of the AI system with the concept of "Offense" objects that allows each player to know exactly what the others are thinking. Got 12 players to work together in an attack drill.

Monday 10/5: Looked for ways to improve performance. Started messing around with the model format and rendering code.

Tuesday 10/6: Finished implementing indexed vertices (11 FPS -> 16FPS) and triangle strips (16FPS -> 18FPS). Started reducing the polygon count of the model.

Wednesday 10/7: Reduced the poly count from 1770 to 1000. With 12 players, that's 9240 fewer polygons. 18FPS->22FPS. Turned off some lighting. 22FPS -> 30FPS. Seems pretty good. Also, I figured out how to use projection painting to make a good model texture out of my source image.


No comments: