Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Addin' Some Polish

Saturday 1/30: Ever since I moved to a horizontal ("landscape") view, my coordinate systems had been a bit wonky. The graphics drawing basically had x and y-coordinates switched compared to the iphone's perspective. This made everything SUPER confusing, because in some places I added some code to switch it back automatically, and some other places I didn't. So, I never knew which was the x and which was the y axis. Today I figured out how to apply a global transformation to the entire view, so that the x and y match up for everything, which means I got to spend an hour switching everything back and removing all the bits of code that compensate for the weirdness. But boy, it was satisfying!

Started converting menus over to the native iPhone UI.

Monday 2/1: More work on menus.

Tuesday 2/2: More work on menus. Can now finish games. Simulating computer matches.

Wednesday 2/3: Harder to get hand blocks now. Finished hooking up tournament view and added some visual tweaks.  Added some visual feedback to the dpad and buttons. Better algorithm for spacing players on the line. New marking camera view.

No comments: